Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bieber Street

This past week was pretty routine. On Thursday I got to meet with a group of planning students from Prague that were visiting. My boss's boss invited me to join them since they would be discussing Hamburg in English and I'm very glad that he did. We talked about Hamburg and the benefits and drawbacks of planning in the city. We also got to walk around this area of the city that has been taken over by artists. There were buildings that weren't being used so they squatted in them and the city has made a deal with them so they can stay. There is amazing art on all the buildings in the area. I don't need to go to museums, just show me where there is some street art.



A couple of days ago I moved into my final apartment. It was a challenge to get here but I finally made it!! Thank goodness my boss was helping me. I unpacked all my stuff today and am all moved in. The place where I am is like a dorm for international students. The room is like any dorm room: small but bearable. The community kitchen is something to get used to so I've figuring that out has the days go by. I do feel very accomplished because I did laundry today all by myself!! The directions were completely in German but my clothes are clean and semi-dry so I'm saying it was a win.

At work I've been transcribing a few interviews that my boss did in Amsterdam. They are about the new structural vision for the city that they hope to have completed by 2040. Its a really cool project and I'm glad I get to learn about it and do some work on it. It seems that I will be able to work with some other people in the office once I have these interviews transcribed. But I that just depends on what Judith can find for me to do.

Another picture from the walk around the art commune. I just had to snap a picture!!

Almost forgot about the title of my post. The street I live on now is called Bieberstrasse, meaning Bieber Street. And I'm proud to be a resident on this street!!! O yea, I have Bieber fever!!!

Until next time:

Keep it green!
Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment