Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HafenCity

Last week I did an official tour of HafenCity. The tour guide had a lot of good information about the development of the area and the planning process. There was also a really cool building there that has information about the type of architecture in the area, the history of the ports, and how it will expand the city center. Here is a really cool building in HafenCity:


The layer on the outside is there to protect the building from wind and harsh weather. Work has been pretty much the same for the past week and a half. Just working on the case study of Amsterdam's regional and city vision/plan/scenario. There are so many ways they describe it that it gets confusing. Speaking of confusing, I got lost again last Friday. There must be something about Fridays because I get all kinds of lost on those days. They just be called Lostday! Right?!? Right?...

While I've been here I've realized when school starts back up I'm gonna have to start studying for the GRE. I'm glad I figured this out now so I can figure out my schedule and get prepared. I also realized I'm gonna have to take the FE in the winter semester so I have two standardized tests to look forward to in the next year!! Yippee!!

Last night I had dinner with a girl from the States that is doing research in Hamburg as well and we had some good conversations. We both are wondering what it is going to be like to understand the people around you and do regular everyday things without a language barrier when we're back home. I didn't realize how much I take that for granted. We also talked about how some days you count down the days until you're going back home and others you don't even think about it. There are definitely good and bad days.

Next week I'm going to Heidelberg for a conference hosted by the program I'm in. I plan on taking lots of pictures so keep an eye out for those!!

Until next time:



Keep it green!!
Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment