Friday, August 12, 2011

Realizations


This past week or so I have had several realizations, some good and some bad. 

1. I will not able to be hand model
Due to burning my hand last week, I realized that I will not be able to be a hand model EVER! This revelation came to me while at work and it took a lot of strength to not just break down and cry. But I held it together and I'm still recovering. Now I just have to think of some other ridiculous profession to have as a backup plan.

2. Convinced Judith to go to a baseball game
This isn't really a realization but more of an accomplishment. My boss, Judith, will be going to the States after I leave and she asked what she should do that is American. Instantly my response was go to a baseball game. She seemed a little hesitant at first but as of yesterday she was going to surprise her boyfriend with a Yankees game. Upon her telling me this, I became jealous and regretted suggesting it. How can a German enjoy a baseball game but this American can't!?!? 

3. How fast and slow time at work can go
Some days at the office, there isn't that much to do so I spend/waste time on blogs and other silly websites. For some reason, it seems that doing this makes time go by soooo much slower and when I actually do have something to do the day whizzes by. I guess this is just motivation to do work. (Sigh)

4. I'm in like with blogs
While taking little breaks at the office (see previous realization), I have come across a couple of cool blogs. The first is HelloGiggles. It was developed by Zooey Deschanel and two of her friends. Its focus is towards women but there are also posts on there that both genders could enjoy. It’s hard to describe the content so I advice just take a peak if you have a little bit of time. The other blog I just found the other day and it’s called Life is Not Real: Anecdotes, Advice and Awkwardness. It is written by 5 college aged friends and is pretty sweet! It’s mostly girly stuff but there are some funny stories on it as well.

5. It’s becoming harder each day to remember if I’m speaking proper English
Having been here for almost 3 months now, it has occasionally been a challenge to speak proper English. Writing this post seems to take longer because I have to really concentrate on my word usage and sentence structure. Maybe it’s because I’m much more aware of language and the barriers it can have. Just thinking about it makes my brain feel mushy!

That’s it for now. Until next time:

Keep it green!
Brianne

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean that your German is coming along nicely? :)

    How is your research going?

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete