Monday, June 20, 2011

Back in Hamburg

Hello all! I'm back in Hamburg after visiting my friend Maya for a view days in Stuttgart. I had soooo much fun there and was sad to leave. After arriving we got ready to go out on the town. We went to a beach bar, then got dinner, and ended the night at a pub, Biddy's. We had a good time even though we got tied up in other people's drama and got rum and coke spilled all over me without an apology. The next day we did some shopping and then a photographer came to Maya's parent's house to do a photo shoot. I got to watch Maya, her sister and her mom get their hair and make up done and get their picture taken multiple times. After that eventful day, we decided to do something a little more relaxing on Friday so we went to the zoo. It was a very nice zoo and a lot of the animals were active. We saw the monkeys go a little crazy and some llamas stalk a couple of dogs walking through the neighboring park. Here's one of my favorite pics from the day:



During the day Saturday we took it easy so we would have enough energy for the night. It was Maya's sister's  boyfriend's birthday and we wanted to have a good night!! Which we did!!



We started at the club that the party was taking place and then went to a big, ridiculous dance club thingy. It had 5 rooms that each had a different theme and we ended up dancing in the room that played hip hop music from when I was in high school. We knew it was a good time to end the night when they played the opening song from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Then came Sunday when I had to leave and come back to Hamburg. :( After a long train ride, I thought it would be beneficial to get lost multiple times since I was carrying my 80 pounds of luggage. But that was just a warm up to the 5 flights of stairs I was to climb to get to the apartment (once I found it).

Today I'm just hanging out and resting before I start work tomorrow. I'm glad I get to start working again so I can have that structure and something to do during the day. I hope I'm prepared enough for the job and that I don't get too confused with everything on the first day. Fingers crossed!!

Until next time:

Keep it green!
Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment