Friday, June 10, 2011

Moving on

I was very tempted to title this post "I dislike cats" but I decided not too. For those of you who are unaware of why this is currently important, stay tuned. I think mentioning it in the first line is much more effective. Anyway...this was my last week in Berlin…I had a really enjoyed my time here but I am super excited to go to Hamburg. I was talking to Simone about it yesterday and she said that Hamburg is nice because it is by the water and there are less people. I’m leaving on Sunday by train and should get the Hamburg at about 3:30pm.

The last couple of days I’ve gone to a couple more museums and just hung out. On Tuesday I went to a display called “Topography of Terror.” It mostly is about the history of the Nazi party and also includes an overall history of Berlin. There was so much information and a lot of pictures.



Funny little story: on my way to the Topography of Terror I got off the train at the wrong stop. I didn’t realize it until I had walked around for 20 minutes trying to find the museum. I was getting mad because I couldn’t find any of the streets on the map, which was because I’m blond and didn’t know I was in the wrong area. Oops!!! Haha. On Wednesday I went to the Museum of Design.



It is based in an old design school that included classes for architecture and art. It was very modern and different and I spent most of my time the architecture portion.

Yesterday (Thursday) I came home after my language class and had to do laundry. I’m glad the cat that peed in my suitcase has good timing and I was going to do laundry anyways. So there cat!! You’re not going to get the best of me!! Other than that I had just planned on hanging out for the rest of the day. In the afternoon Simone asked if I would like to join her, her friend, and her friend’s kids for dinner. I graciously accepted and had a very nice time. We had potatoeswith yogurt sauce, sautéed fennel, and salad. It was all delicious! Most of the time during dinner, I just sat back and listened to everyone else talking German. I could only follow the conversation by body language and a few words I knew. After dinner, Simone’s guests left and we sat at the kitchen table and talked. We discussed the financial situation of the U.S. and Germany, office politics, family, and some other things. By 11:30 I was tired so I said guten Nacht and went to bed.

Today was the last day of my language class. I’m glad I had the opportunity to do it. I learned more grammar than actual words but my teacher made a good point that you can learn the language on the street but you can’t learn the grammar there. After class we all went to a Biergarten and hung out for a little while.
As I said before, I am really excited to go to Hamburg on Sunday but I’m even more excited about going to Stuttgart on Wednesday and seeing Maya!!! We’re going to have so much fun together and will be nice to see a familiar face.

This may be my last picture from Berlin (tear) so I wanted it to be pretty (yes I took this and if I can say so myself, its not too shabby!).



Keep it green,
Brianne

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I still LOVE this blog! Keep 'em coming! Love and miss ya sista!

    *-*Chels*-*

    ReplyDelete