Friday, June 3, 2011

Heeyyyoooo!!!!

I'm just hanging around so I thought I'd do my thang.

Wednesday started off with my language course. Slowly but surely we are all learning Deutsch. After class I was walking with some of my classmates and one of them asked "What is your name again? The teacher keeps calling you Brian but that can't be your name." Haha. Whenever Katarina says my name it does sound like Brian but I just told her I'm used to it (Thanks JJ crew). After class we went on a boat tour down the river Spree which was nice. Now this wasn't your typical boat tour where you sit on an open boat in plastic lawn chairs. We got on this really nice boat with tables, chairs, tableclothes, and centerpieces. This is what a top notch German boat tour looks like:


After the boat tour, I took a nice, long walk around the Hauptbahnof. This really was because I was lost but we don't have to tell anyone. Of course once I was lost I had to go to the bathroom but found they charge 0.80 euros to use the toilette so I just held it until I got home.

Yesterday (Thursday) was a bank holiday/celebration of Men. I guess it is a day for guys to celebrate being guys and give them an excuse to go to the beach and get drunk. Haha. Our language school arranged for us to go to the Alliierten Museum.



Once there I realized how much Scheiße Berlin has been through! it was interesting and put me on the fence about museums. Only time will tell if we are meant to spend time together. Once we were done at the museum, we were all hungry and parched so we went to a....Biergarten!!! Thats right kids, whenever you have an excuse to go to a Biergarten, you go. It was quite busy since it was a holiday but it was on a lake which was pretty. To get back to the main part of Berlin, we had to get on the S-Bahn (the above ground rail system) which was a lot farther away than we expected. We all went our separate ways and I headed back to Simone's apartment but first I needed to find something to eat. Since it was a holiday, almost everything was closed. I had to just walk aimlessly about and hope that something was open. Thank goodness I found a burrito place similar to Chipotle. I ate my amaazziinngg burrito then pretty much called it a night.

Today has been a slow day. Went to class, had lunch, went to the grocery store, and now just relaxing. OOOOOOO!!! I did ride the rail system for the first time Wednesday and I'm now hooked. It is pretty amazing. They have three, yes 3, different systems working to get people around Berlin. There is the U-Bahn (the underground rail), the S-Bahn (surface rail) and the Tram (which is like a bus system but runs on tracks). Today I bought a 7-day pass so I can ride which ever one as many times a day I want until by pass runs out. It is totally worth it too. Hopefully someday we'll have something like this in the States. It seems really complex put the people know how it works and deal with it really well. I've only had one incident so far and that was today. I was sitting on the Tram and the man in front of me thought it was the right time to immerse himself in body spray. Of course it went all in my mouth and was disgusting smelling. Then a couple of minutes later he remembered to spray his underarms so I got another wonderful dose of spray.

That's it for now. Until next time:

Keep it green!

p.s. Here a picture of the front of the my language school's office. I lerv graffiti so I HAD to snap a pic. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment